Immediately AFTER the Tribulation (Matt. 24:29-31)
The truth is, the rapture of the church is not spoken of in all of Matthew 24. As a matter of fact, the first resurrection is finished BEFORE the Second Coming, for all are resurrected before the Second Coming (Rev. 19:11-21), for all who have part in the first resurrection are blessed (Rev. 19:9; 20:6) and have part in the Marriage Supper of the Lamb (Rev. 19:1-10) in heaven (Rev. 19:1, 11), before the Second Coming (Rev. 19:11-21). All saints do, even the martyred saints in the Tribulation whose blood has been avenged (Rev. 6:9-11; 19:2).
The following proof in from the Dake Annotated Reference Bible.
Those gathered are the elect that were promised by the prophets to be gathered and brought back to their land. Jesus further told us how this would happen.
“Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows? Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the Lord thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.”
Isaiah 60:8-9 KJV
“And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.”
Isaiah 65:9 KJV
“And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.”
Isaiah 11:11-12 KJV
This is not the church (Mat. 24:29-31).
You have done what so many have done and made the word “elect” refer to the church.
There are 4 “elects” of Scripture and context will never let you down concerning who is being spoken of.
(1) Jesus is elect (Isa. 42:1; 1 Pt. 2:6);
(2) all Christians (the church) (ROM. 8:33; Col. 3:12; Tit. 1:1; Jn. 15:16; Eph. 1:4; 2:10; 2 Thess. 2:13; 2 Jn. 1:1, 13);
(3) Israel (Isa. 45:4; 65:9, 22; Mat. 24:21-31; Mk. 13:22, 27; 1 Pt. 1:2);
(4) AND the angels (1 Tim. 5:21). .....
Anyone chosen at anytime, Jew or Gentile, is the elect of God (ROM. 9:11; 11:5, 7, 28; 1 Thess. 1:4; 1 Pt. 5:13; 2 Pt. 1:10).
MATTHEW 24 Elect are Jews, not the church, because:
- Jesus is answering a Jewish question (Mat. 24:3; 25:31-46; Acts 1:6)
- False Messiahs PRIMARILY concern Israel (v. 5, 23-26)
- Anti-semitism proves it (v. 9)
- The travail of Israel (v. 8 ) (referring to the first of 8 signs of vs. 4-7). These are the beginning, not the end of sorrows. This refers to the trouble of Israel’s Tribulation as foretold (v. 15-21; Isa. 66:7-8; Jer. 30:4-7; Dan. 7:21; 8:9-14, 24; 9:27; Rev. 12)
- The AoD concerns Israel only (their temple) (v. 15; Dan. 9:27; 11:40-45;12:1, 7; 2 Thess. 2:4; Rev. 11:1-2; 12:1-17; 13:1-18) this will begin at the mid Tribulation point
- The Jewish temple (v. 15)
- Flight of Israel (v. 16) (you won’t be fleeing to Judaea for safety into the mountains of Edom and Moab (Rev. 12:6, 14; Dan. 11:40-45).
- The sabbath is Jewish (v 20). Pray the invasion won’t be on the sabbath bc Orthodox Jews hold it unlawful to travel more than a mile and will be overtaken.
- The Great Tribulation (v. 21)
- “Elect” Jews are the only people to be gathered (v. 31). Literal angels accompany Christ to earth (2 Thess. 1:7-10) to gather Israel as predicted (Dt. 30:4; Isa.11:11-12) and to separate the wheat from the tares (Mat. 13:38-50). Trumpets always sound at gatherings of Israel (Ex. 19:13-19; Lev. 25:9; 1 Sam. 13:3; 2 Sam. 2:28). This trumpet is predicted in Isaiah 18:3; 27:13; Zech. 9:14. This is not the same as the 7 trumpets of Rev. 8:2, 6 or the trumpets in connection w the resurrection of the righteous (1 Thess. 4:16; 1 Cor. 15:51-58).
- The coming of Christ is to deliver Israel (v. 29-31; 25:31-46; Zech 14).
- Judgment of the nations is based on treatment of Israel (25:31-46)
- The eagles eating the carcasses was predicted to be at the time of Israel’s deliverance (v. 28; Ezekiel 39:17:22; Lk. 17:34-37; Rev. 19:17-21)
- The church will be raptured BEFORE these events as told in Luke 21:36 by Jesus and Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2:7.